• Look at actions from the perspective of the people around you.
• Remember that community and relationships are some of the most important things in El Salvador.
• Be flexible concerning time
• Be a learner. It may be surprising what can be learned from the Salvadorian culture and its traditions. Remember to keep an open mind. Many aspects of the Salvadorian culture will interest, enhance and even puzzle teams: recognize these differences and respect them without passing judgment.
• Remember that each member represents a home church, us, and Christ— please seek to represent the spiritual values, moral conduct, and likeness of Christ in all that is said and done.
• Encourage an exemplary life of holiness and obedience to God’s commands.
• Respect the host culture and distinctive practices of Christianity.
- We expect that your group will focus on relationships with your team, with your host country nationals, and with God. Any project, although important, should never become the sole focus of the group.